Who you are: Always wanted to experience a startup from the ground floor? Want to work with, and learn from, a team with a proven track record of building successful technology companies? Want to build elegant, responsive applications that have the potential to touch and transform millions of lives?
As a Data Engineer you will be involved in designing and implementing our data infrastructure. From collecting system wide data to implementing new features using insights from the data. And you’ll do all this with the latest tools and technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in product and architecturlal designs of core product features
- Part of a small team with complete individual ownership and responsibility for your features
- Design and implement processes to centralize various data sources
- Provide scalable access to data for analysis and access by real time systems.
- Have fun doing something that’s never been done before!
What we look for:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 2+ years of industry experience in data engineering or backend development
- Strong SQL background and experience with several database technologies
- Strong Python, Java, or Scala skills
- Experience or a strong interest in data analysis and machine learning.
- Passion for learning new technologies but a strong conviction not to reinvent the wheel
- Strong sense of ownership
- Eager to work in fast-paced startup environment with a focus to build an experience users love
- Experience with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Theano, CNTK, or DSSTNE
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in a small startup environment