Who you are: Always wanted to experience a startup from the ground floor? Want to work with, and learn from, a team with a proven track record of building successful technology companies? Want to build elegant, responsive applications that have the potential to touch and transform millions of lives?
As a Backend Engineer you will be involved in designing and implementing components for our highly available/scalable cloud infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in product and architectural designs and the technology stack of backend systems
- Part of a small team with complete individual ownership and responsibility for your services
- Work with our various data collection and monitoring systems
- Assist with ETL processing, NLP and machine learning
- Have fun doing something that’s never been done before!
What we look for:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 2+ years of industry experience in backend development or data engineering
- Strong Python, Java, C++ or Scala skills
- Both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (redis) datastores, including warehouse design and performance optimization
- Passion for learning new technologies but a strong conviction not to reinvent the wheel
- Strong sense of ownership
- Eager to work in fast-paced startup environment with a focus to build an experience users love
- Experience or a strong interest in data analysis and machine learning.
- Experience with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Theano, CNTK, or DSSTNE
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in a small startup environment